Lois Wright '85
- Became the first woman from her high school to receive an athletic scholarship when she signed with Guilford.
- Lettered four seasons with the Quakers' basketball team and also played softball for three years.
- Received honorable mention All-Carolinas Conference laurels as a freshman and first team all-league honors as a sophomore.
- Earned NAIA Academic All-America recognition in her junior and senior seasons and received Guilford's highest athletic honor, the English Athletic Leadership Award, in 1984.
- ranks ninth on Guilford's career scoring list with 982 points and stands among the Quakers' leaders in career field goals (412), field-goal percentage (.516) and scoring average (14.4 ppg).
- She received the Aspri Graduate Scholarship and applied it to her studies at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.
- Earned her master's degree in physics in 1987 and presently conducts AIDS research for the Glaxo Wellcome Company in Research Triangle Park, NC.
- Received the Glaxo Wellcome Excellence Award in 1998 and has written a number of articles and abstracts dealing with AIDS research.