Samuel Venuto '51
- A two-sport standout at Guilford, he played football and baseball before moving on to a brief career with the Washington Redskins of the National Football League.
- A four-year starter, his finest season came as a senior when he received All-Conference recognition at running back.
- On the baseball diamond, he played four seasons at catcher and left field.
- He went on to a successful teaching and coaching career at Salem (NJ) High School.
- He compiled a 175-69 record and five Group II titles in his 38 seasons as Salem’s head football coach.
- The Havertown, Pennsylvania native is retired and resides in Salem, New Jersey.