William H. Rogers '56
- Lettered in football
- Played football under longtime Guilford coach Stuart Maynard from 1952-55 in a variety of positions.
- Entered the military after high school where he played three seasons of military service baseball and played in the World Air Force Series.
- Began his Guilford career in 1952 and played four seasons with the football team.
- A running back, lineman and linebacker during his tenure, Rogers received All-North State Conference honors in 1953 and 1954.
- The 1954 team captain received the Quakers' Most Outstanding Blocking award in 1952 and the team's Most Outstanding Tackling prize a year later.
- In 1953, Rogers earned the team's Most Valuable Player award for his play at fullback and linebacker.
- Now a retired sales manager for the American Tobacco Company, Rogers resides in Liberty, NC, and Daytona Shores Beach, FL.