Carl E. Jones '54
- Started three years at quarterback for Coach Stuart Maynard's football team and also played tennis for the Quakers.
- Played for Atlantic Christian College (ACC) in 1949 after serving four years in the United States Navy.
- Transferred to Guilford when ACC dropped its football program after the 1950 season.
- Earned All-North State Conference recognition in 1953
- Received the Quakers' Most Valuable Player Award (1953)
- Earned a master's degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and spent some time coaching and teaching in Guilford County.
- Enrolled in the University of the South in Sewanee, TN, and earned his bachelor's degree in divinity in 1964 and his master's degree in divinity a year later.
- Retired Episcopal priest and former Alabama Department of Education mathematics specialist