1998 - Jack Holley '62
|Team:||Baseball, Basketball, Football|
- Three-sport athlete at Guilford better known for his coaching accomplishments
- Lettered four years as a fullback and lineman for Coach Herb Appenzeller’s football team and earned honorable mention All-North State Conference honors in 1961.
- Lettered with the basketball and baseball teams
- Received Guilford’s Undergraduate Athletic Award (1960-61)
- After graduation, Holley embarked on a very successful high school coaching career.
- Compiled a 285-73-9 football record, guided four teams to a combined 25 state playoff appearances, 19 conference titles, and two state finals.
- Received 33 Coach of the Year awards, including the 1968 Coastal Plains Coach of the Year prize while at Tabor City and the North Carolina AP Coach of the Year Award after taking Wallace-Rose Hill to the 1982 Eastern Class 2-A Division II championship.
- During his tenure, the basketball teams went 195-75 and captured five conference crowns.
- The towns of Tabor City and Wallace and Rose Hill have held Jack Holley Appreciation Days in his honor.
- Recipient of Guilford’s 1978 Distinguished Alumni Award
- Inducted into the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame