Raymond Cooke '76
- Was a four-year starter for Guilford’s baseball team and two-time winner of the annual Ed McBane Hitting Award as the Quakers’ top hitter.
- Starting pitcher and outfielder, he owned a .305 career batting average in 88 games and went 21-8 with a 2.51 earned run average (ERA) and 18 complete games in 38 career mound appearances.
- Led the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) with a school-record 0.54 ERA (4 runs in 66 innings).
- Two-time All-CIAC and All-District player, Cooke helped legendary Coach Stuart Maynard’s teams to a 52-22 record in his junior and senior seasons.
- Went 9-2 with a 2.57 ERA and hit .361 as a senior when Guilford captured the District 26 and Area 7 tournaments and reached NAIA World Series.