Tammy Strickland Batten '84
- Starred on the tennis and basketball courts for Guilford during the early 80s and played on the Quakers' 1981 NAIA national championship tennis squad.
- She played sixth singles from 1980-83, compiling a 62-21 record during that time. In 1981, Batten earned honorable mention All-America recognition for reaching the fourth round of 1981 NAIA national championship field.
- As a sophomore she captured CIAC titles at sixth singles and second doubles and received all-conference and All-District 26 honors.
- She played forward on the basketball team and captained the squad as a senior.
- She lives in Sanford, NC, where she is a teacher at Fuquay-Varina High School.
- Batten took her 1984-85 Southwest Guilford High School girls basketball team to the Class 2-A state championship and was named the Class 2-A North Carolina Coach of the Year.