The nomination period for the 2012 Guilford College’s Athletics Hall of Fame will close July 31, 2012. This year’s class of inductees, the Hall’s 41st, will be recognized during Guilford’s Homecoming Weekend, Sept. 27-30.
Nominees should belong to one or more of the following categories:
- Outstanding performance as a Guilford College student-athlete. Students-athletes should have attended Guilford for at least two years, been separated from the College for at least 10 years or be deceased.
- Outstanding service to the athletic program of Guilford College as a coach or in other areas of significant service.
- Coaching career at Guilford of at least five years.
- Former student-athletes or coaches who have earned outstanding professional achievement beyond Guilford.
All nominees must:
- Be of good character and reflect credit upon Guilford College.
- Have left the College in good standing and in the good graces of its officials, whether or not s/he graduated from Guilford.
- Nominations will remain on file for five years, after which time an individual must be re-nominated. Nominations may be updated and supplemented at any time during the five years.
- Nominees must be able to attend induction ceremonies, typically held during the college’s Homecoming Weekend.
Below please find links to the current Guilford Athletics Hall of Fame membership, current nominees and form(s) for new nominations (in Word and PDF format). Please direct questions to Sports Information Director Dave Walters (firstname.lastname@example.org / 336-316-2107).
Guilford Athletics Hall of Fame Nomination Form (Word format)
Guilford Athletics Hall of Fame Nomination Form (PDF format)